Family and Consumer Sciences empowers Ohioans with the knowledge, skills and tools needed to make healthy choices, thus creating healthy communities of healthy people with healthy finances and healthy relationships.
Family and Consumer Sciences is a catalyst that makes things happen!
- With only a limited public investment, we build partnerships with other groups and organizations whose missions complement ours.
- We provide leadership, promote action and find ways to overcome the obstacles between vision and reality. We make lives better … and communities stronger.
Family and Consumer Sciences gives people the knowledge, skills and tools needed to make healthy, informed choices.
- We help people create healthier lives, better finances and more positive relationships at home, at work and in the community.
- We equip people for greater independence and self-reliance.
Family and Consumer Sciences turns university-based, impartial, current research into useful information that can improve the quality of people’s lives.
- We work to make that information accessible to all Ohioans.
Family and Consumer Sciences works to make children and adults healthier by promoting safe food practices and better nutrition – and we help people acquire the knowledge and skills to make smart decisions in these areas.
Family and Consumer Sciences provides reliable, evidence-based information to encourage – and empower – people to adopt practices and behaviors to improve their lives.
- Better finances, more positive relationships with friends and family, and healthier lifestyles come from our programs and services.
Family and Consumer Sciences delivers evidence-based information directly to the people who need it most.