INCLUDING EDUCATION, FAITH-BASED AND SOCIAL SERVICE AGENCIES
Family and Consumer Sciences empowers Ohioans with the knowledge, skills and tools needed to make healthy choices, thus creating healthy communities of healthy people with healthy finances and healthy relationships.
Family and Consumer Sciences is an economic catalyst.
- With only a limited public investment, we build partnerships with other groups and organizations whose missions complement ours. We provide leadership, promote action and find ways to overcome the obstacles between vision and reality.
Family and Consumer Sciences delivers evidence-based information directly to the people who need it most.
- A variety of nutrition programs save money, promote healthier food choices and combat preventative health risks.
- Money management and homeownership classes increase economic security.
- Parenting and stress management programs improve stability.
- Workplace wellness programs lower absenteeism rates and create more productive businesses and stronger communities.
Family and Consumer Sciences teaches individuals and families the skills they need to live healthfully in all areas of life.
- We offer people the knowledge, skills and tools needed to make healthy, informed choices, which means healthier lives, better finances and more positive relationships at home, at work and in the community.
- It means better lives for individuals and families – greater independence and self-reliance.
Family and Consumer Sciences turns evidence-based, impartial, current research into useful information that can improve the quality of people’s lives.
- We work to make information accessible to all Ohioans.
- Family and Consumer Sciences works to make children and adults healthier.
- We promote safe food practices and better nutrition
- We teach positive money management habits
- We help build strong relationships
- We help people acquire the knowledge and skills to make smart decisions in these areas.
Family and Consumer Sciences provides reliable, evidence-based information for businesses’ wellness education efforts.
- Programs encourage – and empower – people to adopt practices and behaviors that help them improve their finances, build more positive relationships with friends and family, and embrace healthier lifestyles.
- This leads to lower absenteeism rates, more productive businesses and stronger communities.