Family and Consumer Sciences empowers Ohioans with the knowledge, skills and tools needed to make healthy choices, thus creating healthy communities of healthy people with healthy finances and healthy relationships.
Family and Consumer Sciences gives people the knowledge, skills and tools needed to make healthy, informed choices.
- We equip people with the skills to make their own lives healthier, to improve their finances, and to strengthen their relationships at home, at work and in the community.
- Our programs and services help people gain or maintain their independence and to become more self-reliant.
Family and Consumer Sciences turns evidence-based, impartial, current research into useful information that can improve the quality of people’s lives. We work to make information accessible to all Ohioans.
- A variety of nutrition programs save money, promote healthier food choices and combat preventative health risks.
- Money management and homeownership classes increase economic security.
- Parenting and stress management programs improve stability.
- Workplace wellness programs lower absenteeism rates and create more productive businesses and stronger communities.
Family and Consumer Sciences prefers not to work alone. We form partnerships with other community-based groups and organizations whose missions complement ours.
- We promote action and work to make things happen!
- With our partners, we make lives better … and communities stronger.
Family and Consumer Sciences delivers research-based information directly to people who need it. You can trust our information.
- Our information can be used to make smart decisions to improve the quality of lives. We make lives better … and communities stronger.